This sums up the first 10 goals I have established for the shop. I have maintained good goal-setting habits by staying specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-based (SMART goals). For suggestions, input, or ways to help please PM or comment. One goal I haven't fully outline but am brainstorming is creating a way to collect industry input into the content I cover, so please don't hesitate to share your thoughts.
6. Send a team to participate in NMU's building trades competition by April of the 2018/2019 school year or sooner.
7. Send students to participate in welding competition in April of 2019/2020 school year or sooner.
8. Implement a university recognized curriculum or extra-curricular activity by the 2020/2021 school year or sooner.
9. Have shop above OSHA standards for an industrial workplace for safety and industrial hygiene by the end of the 2017/2018 school year.
10. Have students certifying in welding by the end of the 2019/2020 school year or sooner.
See the first five goals here: Gotta Have Goals
Future posts will focus on steps made towards these goals and continued progress of the HawkShop.